1. 1. Take I-695 toward Towson.
2. Take I-83 North (Exit 24).
3. Continue North to Exit 20-B (Shawan Rd. West).
4. At first light make a left. (Beaver Dam Rd.).
5. Follow Beaver Dam Rd. for aprox.1/2 mile.
6. You will see the park entrance on the right.
*The Lodge is the building with the flag in front of it.
We will have out meeting the Seneca Room.
7:30-8:00 Breakfast and warm-up (Wii)
8:00-8:15 Opening remarks - Emad Boctor
8:15-9:30 Paper Session 1 (75 min: 5 x 15 min) - Chair: Bin He
• Partial Volume Compensation for Gated Cardiac Imaging
-- Yong Du, Igal Madar, and Eric C. Frey
• Optimization of Rb-82 PET acquisition and reconstruction protocol for myocardial perfusion defect detection
-- Jing Tang, Arman Rahmim, Riikka Lautamäki, Martin Lodge, Frank Bengel, and Benjamin M.W. Tsui
• Evaluation of Scatter Effects in Phoswich Detector Modules of a Dedicated Small Animal PET Scanner
-- Jianhua Yu, Martin Pomper and Benjamin Tsui
• An Iterative Method combining QPlanar and Registration to Improve Activity Estimates Accuracy
-- Na Song, Bin He, and Eric. C. Frey
• Tracked Ultrasound Elasticity Imaging
-- Pezhman Foroughi, Gregory Hager, and Emad Boctor
9:45-10:00 Overview Session (15 min) - Chair: Emad Boctor
• Overview of collabrative research projects in DMIP - Benjamin M. W. Tsui, Division Chair
10:00-11:00 Student Proposal Session (60 min: 3 x 10 min presentation + 30 min breakout session - Chair: George Fung
• Collimator Design for SPECT Imaging of Radiotracers with Multiple-energy Gamma Photon Emission
-- Si Chen
• Motion Estimation and Compensation for Cardiac CT
-- Alia Khaled
• Improved Nerve-Sparing Laparoscopic Prostatectomy
-- Ioana Fleming
11:00-11:30 Guest speaker: Lawton Verner, Ph.D. (Haptics Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University
• Pre-doctoral Fellowship Experience
11:30-12:30 Lunch break
12:30-13:15 Paper Session 2 (45 min: 3 x 15 min) - Chair: Jochen Cammin
• Radiation Doses in Pediatric Trauma Patients
-- Mahadevappa Mahesh, Marissa Brunetti, Rosemary Nabaweesi, Susan Ziegfeld, Paul Locke, and Robert Brown
• Ablation Monitoring with a Regularized 3D Elastography Technique
-- Hassan Rivaz, Ioana Fleming, Babak Matinfar, Omar Ahmad, Greg Hager, and Emad Boctor
• Enhanced Discrimination of Soft and Calcified Arterial Plaques Using Computed Tomography with a Multi-Energy-Bin Photon Counting X-ray Detector
-- Xiaolan Wang, Jingyan Xu, Katsuyuki Taguchi, and Eric C. Frey
13:15-13:45 Guest Speaker: prof. Jin Kang, Ph.D. (ECE Department Chair, and Director of Photonics and Optoelectronics Lab)
• All-Fiber Endoscopic Optical Imaging and Sensing Devices
14:00-15:00 Postdoc Proposal Session (60 min: 3 x 10 min presentation + 30 min breakout session - Chair: Jingyan Xu
• Jigsaw US: Freehand 3D Ultrasound based on Full-DOF Features Registration
-- Philipp Stolka
• Estimation of the motion of the heart in cardiac CT
-- Jochen Cammin
• Developing Tool-tip Ultrasonic Transducer Micro-arrays for Monitoring Interventional Liver Therapies
-- Clyde Clarke
15:10-16:10 Faculty Proposal Session (60 min: 3 x 10 min presentation + 30 min breakout session - Chair: Jing Tang
• Recipe to Bring Photon Counting CT Imaging into Clinics
-- Katsuyuki Taguchi
• Spectra Optimization in Dual-kVp CT for Material Decomposition
-- George Fung
• Development of a High-resolution SPECT Mammography System Using CZT Detector Modules
-- Jingyan Xi
16:10-16:20 Break and Award judge discussion
16:15-16:35 Award presentation
17:35-17:45 Closing remarks - Benjamin M. W. Tsui
16:45-19:00 Game and Fun